Cool and creamy chicken salad gets a little exotic with the addition of antioxidant-rich curry powder, crisp vegetables, sweet apples and crunchy cashews. This is a fabulous meal-prep recipe! When cooking the chicken, make extra for an easy protein addition to any meal during the week. Pressed for time? Use rotisserie chicken from your grocery store’s deli.
- ½ cup mayonnaise (Stacie’s favorite is Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo) or plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (optional)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 small apple, diced
- 1 medium celery rib, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp. red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup cashews, roughly chopped
- For topping: Green onions, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, curry powder, lime juice, cilantro and salt.
- Next add the cooked chicken, diced apple, celery, and onions and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the cashews.
- Serve in a lettuce wrap, on a bed of greens, or on cucumber slices. Top with green onions, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots or additional cashews if desired.
Makes 4-6 servings
This recipe is dairy-free, paleo-friendly, gluten-free and can be made vegan-friendly by using a vegan mayo and garbanzo beans in place of the chicken. Full recipe, plus more yumminess can be found here.