This Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup has all of the flavors of decadent Chicken Parmesan in a waistline-friendly crockpot soup! Bonus: It takes just minutes to prepare. Crock pots really are a great way to make soup, as the ingredients have all day to slowly simmer, release their flavors, and come together into one harmonious bowl of deliciousness.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound (raw) boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 1 large breast)
- 5 cups chicken broth, plus additional if needed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces (uncooked) dry gemelli or penne pasta
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
- In slow cooker, stir together garlic, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, chicken, broth, 1/2 cup cheese, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook on high 3-1/2 hours or on low 7 hours.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board and use forks to coarsely shred; return to slow cooker. Stir in pasta. Cook on high 20-30 minutes longer or until pasta is cooked al dente. If soup becomes too thick after pasta is cooked, stir in additional broth or water until desired consistency is reached, and warm through.
- Serve garnished with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped basil or parsley.
Find more pictures and author’s notes for this gem on FoxesLovesLemons.